Saturday, September 18, 2010

RIP~London

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with my norm...I had to find a home for my kitty, or actually Colt's kitty, London...considering the move, merging the households...blah, blah...we couldn't keep her...GORGEOUS Himalayan Linx Point...and sooooooooo cute, loved men...and sooo prissy.

So, I had a sweet lady call my work looking for a cat for her kids...well SHUT MY MOUTH...I have a great one for you!!! Told her all about London, and offered to have her vaccines updated, they were due, bathed, and groomed, she had become a wee but skanky from being outdoors...I was about to make a lady's children sooo happy. It was agreed she would pick her up on Friday afternoon. Thursday night I had the boys crate her, and on Friday morning when I was swapping carriers, I noticed she was walking WEIRD. I had no clue why, and all I could think was GREAT...WTH??!!!  So, I took her into work because...I PROMISED this lady a cat, PLUS...MY CAT had NEVER had anything wrong with her, so here we go to work. I told them to do whatever necessary to make her well.

Long story, made short.....London was attacked by a dog and sustained FOUR HUGE PUNCTURE WOUNDS, DISLOCATED LEFT BACK LEG, and was in IMMENSE PAIN. She was heavily sedated(maybe too heavily in my mind to be brutally honest, BUT I am NOT the one with DVM behind my name, so I cannot say)...I gave her to her new mom and family, and I told her to contact me, and let me know how she does, and if she has any problems, to call me no matter what.

I received a text message at 1:30am, today....London had died. She never came out of the sedation. I have never felt more horrible in all my life. I cannot stop crying over this!!! Could this have been prevented? I am sure it could have, but I never could find anyone to take her until now. I am trying to find the mom and kids a new kitty, I owe her that much. Maybe I should have begged for a necropsy, BUT what would it have proved? Possible more damage than thought, too much sedation???? All I know is I am so miserable and upset over this.

Anyone that knows me, knows I do not handle death well, and this blog proves it, because I am mourning over my cat...yes, I still have Trip my three legged wonder....it's how and what happened to London that has me torn up....

No comments:

Post a Comment