Monday, October 11, 2010

Beautiful Weekend!!!

Friday, October 8th, 2010 was BEAUTIFUL! I must say I was on pins and needles...why? Well, let me rewind...it was SSG's Military Police Ball!!!(actually politically speaking it was the Directorate of Public Safety First Responder Ball) We had never attended a formal gathering together, let alone a formal gathering amongst not only his soldiers, his peers, and also those over him, to include his Commander. So, this was a HUGE deal, and it was a true test of us together in this type of political setting.

He was a nervous wreck, so I did not have the time to be a wreck because it would have made things worse. We got home from work, scooped up our attire for the evening, packed our overnight bags so that we could stay close to post since we knew we would be celebrating and toasting, and headed out the door to Fort Rucker, AL. Checked in to our hotel....next time I want a room with a huge tub, GREAT FRONT DESK CLERK!!! I need to get her name and give her HUGE KUDOS to her Manager. We both got ready, he zipped me up...DIDN'T need the Spanx!!! I had actually slimmed down a little more than I was 3 weeks ago, and he looked at me....at that moment I felt like the pretty girl, and he told me I was beautiful...all googly eyed :)

OMG!!! He was soooo handsome in his Blues! AND HOT!!! OMG!!! Lol!!! My dress was Ivory, and I actually was the ONLY person there in Ivory...thank you Calvin Klein for making my beautiful formal gown, and I LOVED MY IVORY SEQUIN FLIP FLOP SANDALS( and thank you to my SSG for purchasing them for me!!!! My feet never hurt, and they were cute :)

I think we made and make a great looking couple, I had my Prince at my side, and I got to have my "Princess" moment or shall I say evening. OH YES, I will be posting our pictures taken at the ball, unfortunately my computer in co-ordination with Kodak Easyshare ATE the pictures off of my camera, so all my candid shots were lost...

We sat at Table 11, there were four couples including us, I met his co-workers and superiors that I had only heard of, saw co-workers that I had already met previously, joked around, met some really sweet wives, and girlfriends...we were both comfy, and it was great! These are the people that I felt I needed to know, sure I am ONLY the girlfriend, BUT, if something was to happen, these are the people I need to know. I LOVED having wives and girlfriends to chat and laugh with, and of course I was cutting up with the guys just as much. Rocky was at ease, which made me at ease, and for our First Formal Function...we ACED it!!!

Dinner was nice...BUT, the toasting wine (SOOO GROSS), I would have rather sucked on a dirty sock, but hey...you can't win 'em all on that one!!! Hahaha!!! They had a slide show, talked, we tried NOT to fall asleep...just kidding...well, maybe not...then they had these awesome gift baskets to give away. Everyone who was in attendance was eligible...three baskets for women, and three baskets for men...pretty cool, the coolest part was I WON THE LAST BASKET!! Woot Woot!!! SSG probably won't admit it, BUT he was excited too :) It was awesome with TONS of Clinique products!!! What girl doesn't love Clinique??!! Happy BodyWash...everyone knows if I am not wearing my signature scent of Falling in Love, then I wear Happy Cologne so HELLO!!!

I really couldn't believe I won!!! Loved it, even though there was a non welcome comment made in regards to me directly to SSG...pretty rude and tasteless, none the less, an apology was made to SSG, but just remember KARMA is naughtier than me. Other than the jealousy comment(yeah, I said jealousy...WHY?? Because WE LOOKED FAN-TABULOUS, and not everyone could look as good as we did :) !!!

Sunday we attended a BBQ and had a great time with the soldiers & spouses/girlfriends, again...this time the guys played poker, I giggled, played with the Rose's daughter, she was soooo squeezable and cheruby...love it!!! Again, an ugly comment was made, BUT not by the same person, and THIS TIME...EVERYONE heard it...this time the apology was NOT forgiven by me...I hate it for his soldier because he will be hating life FOREVER now....HAHA! KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The comments made are in regards to the fact that I am OLDER than my soldier...big WHOOP!?!)

SSG & I are a VERY POWERFUL COUPLE. We support each other 100%...we are strong and have overcome MANY obstacles in our two years together. We have dealt with some crapola, BUT we have ALWAYS come out ON TOP because we are STRONG & POWERFUL! We complement each other and strive to do better, along with never giving up. If it wasn't for him, I would not have the things I do, including wisdom, and love in my life. He says the same about me, but neh, he's tough, he just had to be reminded that it takes a REAL, INSECURE, LOSER to knock him down and make him feel as though he's not good enough. He's better than anyone I have ever met as a man, a friend, and as my amazing boyfriend...oh yeah, he's my boss too with Dog Training...I HAVE THE BEST OF ALL WORLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my SSG!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment