Today is Chaz' 17th birthday...I cannot believe the time has gone by so quickly. I never believed until recently that as we age, time flies...it is sooo true. This is my child that was born BEFORE Super Bowl Sunday, I begged Dr. Joe Michael Edwards to induce me, and he did...lol. He was my easy delivery, on going epidural, never felt pain, and honestly couldn't tell when I was pushing or if I was pushing...okay, yeah...TMI there. Chaz has been my blessing and miracle all wrapped into one HUGE gift, that I thank God for everyday, even though I sometimes feel I am the worst mom on the planet. At age two, I was informed by the ARMY Developmental Pediatrcian that Chaz was VERY AUTISTIC, and that I shouold be prepared for the worst. "Mrs. Walser, I cannot promise you that your son will talk, he will probably not graduate high school, and will most likely need assisted living for his entire life...I am sorry"...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? Here I was with my now EXHUBS, sitting in a 8x8 office after driving the night before from Ft.Rucker, AL to the AF Base in Biloxi, Mississippi(6hr drive), no sleep, the friggin door wouldn't shut to the room completely so I did not feel safe, Colt was all of 2 months old, Chaz had just turned two, and AFTER WAITING FOUR HOURS in a lobby with screaming children for my son's much awaited(we were on a wait list for two months to get an appt) 10AM APPOINTMENT, this TWIT with a license to PRACTICE MEDICINE, looks at my son opening and closing drawers, okay I thought that was normal for a two yr old, offers him two puzzles which Chaz quickly solves, observing him for UNDER 15minutes, and gives me that DIAGNOSIS???!!!! F-YOU Mr.DEVELOPMENTAL PEDIATRICIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE you!!!! The entire 6 hour drive back home, my now EXHUBS is in denial, I am crying, and getting more and more angry over what the doctor said, and at my now exhubs, who himself is dyslexic and like bi-polar or something like that the the military labeled him with once I filed for divorce...I went straight to Dothan Pediatrics, spoke with Dr.James C.Wiley who up until a year ago was the boy's primary pediatrician, and asked..."WHAT CAN I DO???!!!" Thank you Dr. Wiley for all of your help, support, and guidance(by the way he now practices in MOBILE,AL & we sooo miss him!)...between him and Jule Scott(EPI/Therapist ay Lyster Army Hosp), they pointed me in the right direction and placed me on the path of NO RETURN for Chaz.
Today, Chaz Tenzel-Walser is 17yrs old...he is a JUNIOR at DALE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL, which is the grade in which he is supposed to be in...he does have an IEP, BUT is NOT in Special Education Classes, NOR is he in Assisted Living...HOWEVER he IS on track for his HONORS DIPLOMA, SPEAKS WELL, is CURRENTLY LEARNING SPANISH, PLAYS MIRACLE LEAGUE BASEBALL, AND IS A TRUMPET SECTION LEADER in the DALE CO HS MARCHING BAND, and he MARCHED in the AUBURN UNIVERSITY HONORS MARCHING BAND!!! He has played the trumpet since he was 12!!!! So has MY SON CONQUERED THE VERY AUTISTIC DIAGNOSIS??? In some ways YES(he's actually ASPERGERS-HIGHLY FUNCTION AUTISM)...he does go to therapy to deal with the frustrations that come with Autsim/Aspergers, his issues with his "I CHOOSE NOT TO BE A PART OF YOUR LIFE, FATHER" AND....his progress is amazing, his doctors are my LIFELINE, and I am an UNLOCKING AUTISM STATE REPRESENTATIVE for ALABAMA...I would love to see that Developmental Pediatrician and say REALLY??? You think you were right??? BITE ME!!! My son ROCKS!!!! Even if Chaz had not overcome the obstacles he has, he still ROCKS!!!! Am I a PROUD mom??? YOU BET YOUR SWEET BUTTCHEEKS I AM!!!
MIRACLE LEAGUE Baseball season starts soon, and I cannot wait! He loves playing, and his brother Colt is his Buddy/Volunteer...it's awesome!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAZ!!! One day you will probably read my BLOG, and when you do, I hope and pray that you will know how much you mean to me, how much I LOVE YOU, no matter how much of a HARDBUTT I have been on you...I only pushed you to help you reach the goals that I KNEW you could achieve...YOU ARE A BLESSING, and your Grandmother Goo was right...GOD loaned you to me, because he knew I was STRONG enough to be here for you, fight for you, be your advocate, help you, and love you UNCONDITIONALLY...I LOVE YOU!!!!!
William Chazman Tenzel-Walser, born January 27,1993 at Centennial Medical Center, Nashville, TN 6:18pm to Carie Frances Tenzel-Walser & Lewis Allan Walser(exhubs)

No comments:
Post a Comment